Seneca Basoalto is a student of Psychology and Philosophy who has recently completed her BA in Creative Writing. With over 24 years of published creative writing experience – plus a background in the backstage music/movie scene – she’s congregated a myriad of strange experiences and used them to fuel her gutsy, insightful writings. Seneca’s defiant edge and chimerical psyche instigates self-reflection within her work and in the eyes of readers. Her Iberian and German lineage can be seen influencing the attitude and magnetism of her diverse range of work.
Some of her experience include
- Submission reader, reviewer, and post editor for Frontier Poetry, one of the largest Poetry platforms in America.
- Judge for the 2017 Poetry Awards
- Short Script contest winner
- Published on several notable poetry publications, such as: The Glasgow Review of Books, Words Dance, Barrow Street, The Moth, and Ampersand Review.
- Philosophical essays featured through SNHU
- Collection of poems included and featured in a Love Anthology released by Z Publishing
- Book titled Captain & the Scientist for sale through various vendors, including Barnes & Noble and Amazon
- Arts and Leisure Workshop Advisor for BMS – where she directed an arts therapy program for pregnant substance abuse addicts in recovery.
For now she resides in the Black Hills of South Dakota, with a future move planned for Costa Rica in 2019